Home > Admission > FAQ > 正文

Common Application FAQ for International Students

May 22, 2020 Click:

1. How can I apply for CSU? Where can I find the Application Guide?

2020 Application Guide for Central South University has been released, please check on http://en.csu.edu.cn/Int_l_Student.htm or WeChat official account (overseas-student-CSU). Please follow the Guide to apply step by step.

2. I am applying for the CSC Scholarship. Why are some majors available on the CSC website, but not on CSU website?

Chinese Government Scholarship (also known as CSC scholarship) is divided into two categories, university enrollment program and country-specific program. CSC Scholarship published on CSU website is university enrollment program, only for some majors and you need to apply on both CSC website and CSU website.

The direct application to the embassies and consulates abroad is the country-specific program, and the major is not limited. You may contact us in advance to obtain the pre-admission letter. The country-specific program only needs to be applied on the CSC website.

If the major you are applying for is not available on CSU website, but is available on the CSC website, you can apply directly to the Chinese embassy abroad.

Ps. If you miss the application time of the embassy or consulate abroad, you can also apply for CSU scholarship!

3. I want to apply for CSC Scholarship (University Enrollment Program), can I apply for CSU scholarship at the same time?

If you cannot be enrolled as a CSC student, school will give CSU scholarship according to the applicant's situation. DO NOT APPLY FOR CSC AND CSU at the same time!

4. Is the acceptance letter from CSU professors mandatory? Where can I find professors’ information?

Acceptance letter is not mandatory. However, it will serve as an important indicator for academic review and final admission. The professor's contact has been uploaded on the official website, please see http://en.csu.edu.cn/CSU_Prof_s_contact.pdf  .

Ps.The possibility of scholarship will be much greater if you have acceptance letter. Try to get your own!

5. I am still studying at school and will graduate around June 2020. Can I use the pre-graduation certificate to apply?

Yes. If the applicant is a student in school, study certificate must be submitted. If you are accepted, you will need to submit an official diploma when you register in September.

6. I am currently studying in China, and I expect to graduate in June 2020. Where should I go for non-criminal record certificate?

If you are a student at school in China, please provide certificate of school performance (including attendance, performance in school, teacher contact information), and go to the police station in the jurisdiction to apply for a non-criminal record certificate.

7. I am currently studying in China, and I expect to graduate in June 2020. Now I cannot do a new medical examination temporarily. Can I use the original one?

If you have not left China since you took your check-up last time and the check-up record is valid, you may use it.

8. I am currently abroad, and affected by the epidemic, I cannot do a medical examination nor have non-criminal record certificate. What should I do?

As long as you get the relevant documents and submit before the application deadline, your application is valid!

9.I am studying Chinese now. Due to the epidemic, I cannot take HSK test, what should I do?

HSK result is an important indicator for scholarship applicants. Considering your Chinese language ability, please submit your Chinese learning certificate (the contact info of your study institution shall be included) and your Chinese learning transcript. HSK Results will be provided later.

10.What does “A personal statement that has not been funded by any other organizations or institutions” mean? Is there a template?

There is no format about THE STATEMENT I DIDN'T GET ANY OTHER AID. You may write on your own, indicating that you do not have any other scholarships.

11.Do I need to send hard copies this year?

Only when you pass the initial review can you pay the fee and send the documents. For now, hardcopies are still mandatory. Considering the current situation, hardcopies may be not necessary. Follow the instruction emails from the system, or check on  http://en.csu.edu.cn/Int_l_Student.htm or WeChat official account (overseas-student-CSU) for update.

12. Does CSC scholarship also need to pay the fee of 500 RMB?

Yes. Please pay the review fee after initial review passes. Please follow the Application Guide http://en.csu.edu.cn/info/1039/2232.htm . The fee is not refundable.

13. Can I use Alipay or WeChat to pay the fee?

Currently, Alipay or WeChat are not supported. Only bank transfer. Or you may use mobile banking service app to transfer the money. Do remember to note your application number when transferring money. If there is any update of payment, please follow the email to operate.

14. I can't speak Chinese, but I want to apply for the degree program. If I have scholarship, will it cover the year of learning Chinese?

The year of learning Chinese will be covered if you have scholarship.

15. Can I transfer to CSU?

For now, we do not receive transferred students.

  • Contact Us

  • Tel:+86-0731-88877515 (non-medical major affairs)
  •  +86-0731-82650391 (medical major affairs)
  • Fax:+86-0731-88836737
  • Email:admissions@csu.edu.cn

Wechat Official Account