CSC Scholarship-Bilateral Program
Bilateral Program includes a full or partial scholarship established by the Ministry of Education in accordance with educational exchange agreements or consensus between the Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations.
Supporting Category: The Bilateral Program supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars. Please consult the dispatching authorities of your home country for the categories available.
Instruction Language: Undergraduate programs are Chinese taught. Graduate and non-degree programs are usually in Chinese, some majors can be taught in English (for more information please visit https://www.campuschina.org/universities_art/index.html?key=A9900A0F2DE73802).
Duration: The duration of scholarship is generally 4-5 years for undergraduate students, 3 years for master's candidates, 4 years for doctoral candidates and 1 year for scholars. The duration of language learning is generally 1-2 years.
Includes full scholarship and partial scholarship. Full scholarship covers tuition, accommodation fee, medical insurance and living expenses (undergraduate- 2500 RMB/month; Master student- 3000 RMB/month; Doctor student- 3500 RMB/month; General Scholar- 3000 RMB/month; Senior Scholar- 3500 RMB/month). Partial scholarship includes parts of coverage.
Where to Apply: Apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study in your home country.
When to Apply: You need to apply between early January and early April. Please consult the dispatching authorities for the specific deadline of each year.
1. Non-Chinese citizens and in good health;
2. The requirements for applicants' degrees and ages:
1) for undergraduate programs: a high school graduate under the age of 25;
2) for master’s programs: a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying;
3) for doctoral programs: a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying;
4) for general scholar programs: under the age of 45 and have a high school diploma (or higher);
5) for senior scholar programs: a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50.
1. Apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for CSC opportunity;
2. Contact CSU to get a Pre-admission notice;
(1) Please prepare materials 1-10 in the Application Materials (refer to section VI) and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Name +CSC Pre-admission Application";
(2) If the application materials meet the admission requirement of CSU, we will send a Pre-admission notice by email;
3. Complete the online application procedure at CSC Information Management System for International Students (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. You should consult the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country for Instructions of CSC Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number;
Please select CENTRAL SOUTH UNIVERSITY as your FIRST OPTION.
4. Submit all of your application documents to the dispatching authorities of your home country before the deadline. Please select Central South University as your FIRST OPTION.
NOTE: Only applications of recommended candidates from dispatching authorities will be considered. Candidates holding a Pre-admission Notice will be placed in the host university; those without the Pre-admission Notice should accept CSC’s placement of university.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English);
2. Notarized certificate of the highest academic degree. If the applicant is a student, he/she is required to provide a copy of his/her school certificate and a copy of his/her performance certificate. A notarized Chinese or English translation shall be attached to any text other than Chinese or English;
3. Transcript. A notarized Chinese or English translation version shall be attached to any text other than Chinese or English;
4. Study or research plan in China (not less than 200 words for undergraduates, no less than 500 words for scholars, and no less than 800 words for graduate students), must be written in Chinese or English;
5. Letters of recommendation. Applicants who apply for master's degree, doctoral degree and senior scholar programs in China must submit recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors in Chinese or English.
6. Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit relevant legal documents of their legal guardians in China;
7. Students applying for music major should submit their own works; Students applying for the major of fine Arts should provide 2 sketches, 2 color paintings and 2 other works of their own.
8. Applicants who will study in China for more than 6 months must submit the Physical Examination Form for foreigners (the original one can be preserved by yourself. This form shall be uniformly printed by the health and quarantine departments and can be downloaded in the https://intl.csu.edu.cn/Download/Documents.htm website, must be completed in English). Applicants shall be examined in strict accordance with the items required in the Physical Examination Form for Foreigners. The Form is invalid if the form has missing items, doesn’t have the applicant’s photo or the photo doesn’t have a seal on it, or doesn’t have the signature from the doctor and seal from the hospital. In view of the fact that the examination results are valid for six months, the applicant needs to schedule the medical examination accordingly.
9. If you have obtained the HSK score report, please attach it to the application materials;
10. For English-taught programs, applicants whose native language is not English should submit proof of English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL or IELTS). Applications should hold an IELTS score with no less than 6, a TOEFL score with no less than 85. The applicant who took English-taught programs must provide the relevant certificate;
11. If you have received the admission notice issued by the host institution for Chinese Government scholarship students, please attach it to the application materials.
Note- Application materials will not be returned, whether accepted or not.
1. Application documents of recommended candidates from dispatching authorities will be considered by CSC for eligibility and qualification. Ineligible or incomplete applications will not be considered.
2. Qualified applications will be sent to universities for placement. Based on various factors, such as the different scholarship funding requirements of every country, the host university's teaching capacity, study length and applicants’ criteria, CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments/changes to the candidate’s host university, the field of study, supporting categories and duration of the scholarship. Applications enclosed with the Pre-admission Letter will be sent to the universities that issued that Letter for placement confirmation. Please choose CENTRAL SOUTH UNIVERSITY as your FIRST OPTION.
3. After placement confirmation by Chinese universities, scholarship Recipients will get Chinese government scholarships to study in China with approval by CSC. Each scholarship recipient will be granted no more than one scholarship.
4. CSC reviews the placement results, approves the List of Scholarship Recipients and sends the admission documents to the Chinese embassy or consulate-general. The Chinese embassy or consulate-general will send the admission documents (List of Scholarship Recipients, Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to the dispatching authorities or scholarship recipients.
5. Scholarship recipients shall not be allowed to change their host university, the field of study, or the duration of study stipulated on the Admission Letter after their coming to China.
6. Scholarship will not be reserved if the scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
VIII. Contact information for China Scholarship Council
Please refer to http://www.campuschina.org/zh/content/details1003_122937.html for detailed information
IX. Contact information of School of International Education, CSU
Address: Office 211 in Main campus Library, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
Postal Code: 410083
Telephone: 0086-0731-8883 6392
Fax: 0086-0731-8883 6737