Application Guide for Youth of Excellence Scheme of China Program Chinese Government Scholarship for year 2023/2024
I. Program Introduction
In order to cultivate talents with broad international vision, excellent overall quality, outstanding leadership ability and cross-cultural background in global governance, the Administration Committee of the China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as: CSC) implements the Chinese Government Scholarship Program for Excellence in Study in China.
II. Program Content
1. Student Category: Master Student
2. Language of instruction: English
3. Programs in Central South University (see details at Introduction of the Majors.pdf)
① English-taught master's degree program for mineral and metallurgical talented people
② Civil engineering infrastructure construction and maintenance program
③ International senior civil servants master training program
4. Training and Funding Period
The program adopts the "1+1" model. Students complete full-time introductory courses and research work in the project institutions in China in the first academic year, and complete the dissertation preparation. In the second academic year, students return to their home countries to complete the dissertation based on their own professional work, then come to China to defend the dissertation according to the requirements of the university. The degree will be awarded to the students who are qualified in meeting the requirements of the master's degree.
5. Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
III. Application requirements
1. Non-Chinese citizens who are less than 45 years old, and physically and mentally healthy.
2. With a bachelor's degree or above, and at least three years of work experience. A professional study or working background related to the program applied for is preferred.
3. Applicants must be in one of the following four categories.
①Public officials of the government department of the host country at the level of division (or the corresponding level) or above.
② Senior management of institutions and enterprises, etc.
③ Administrative staff of universities and research institutions.
④People with relevant working or internship experience in international organizations.
4. Receive a pre-admission letter from Central South University, which must contain personal information, admission time, major information and other information necessary for college registration.
IV. Application Method
1. Online application
①Applicants should submit the following documents to email@example.com by April 25, 2023, with the title "Application for Youth of Excellence Scheme of China Program Chinese Government Scholarship". A pre-admission letter will be sent by email if the applicant meets our admission requirements.
The list of application materials is as follows:
1) The first page of your passport. The passport shall expire after September 2023, if the validity of the applicant's current passport does not meet the requirement, please apply for a new passport before submitting the application.
2) Notarized undergraduate degree certificate. Certificates written in languages other than English or Chinese must be accompanied by a notarized translation into Chinese or English.
3) Stamped Transcript from the undergraduate program. Those transcripts shall be issued and sealed by the attending university's academic affairs office, graduate school, or student management department. Transcripts can be provided in Chinese/English, and if they are in a language other than English, an additional English translation and notarization is required.
4) Proof of language proficiency. Applicants applying for English-taught programs should provide a valid TOEFL or IELTS score report or other valid proof of English language proficiency.
5) Study plan for coming to China. The study plan should be submitted in Chinese or English, stating the direction of planned research during graduate study, etc. The study plan shall be written in Chinese or English only.
6) Proof of employment. Please indicate the job title as well as the duration of each employment.
8) Letter of recommendation. Submit two letters of recommendation from professors, associate professors, or experts with appropriate academic ability. These letters should focus on the requirements of the applicant's study objectives in China, as well as the evaluation of the student's overall ability and future development. Letter of recommendation shall be written in Chinese or English only, containing the contact details of the recommenders, and issued after September 1, 2022.
9) Photocopy of Physical Examination Record, which must be accompanied by a blood test report. Applicants should strictly check the items in accordance with the requirement of Physical Examination Record.pdf and fill in the form in Chinese or English. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending doctor, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The examination date should be after September 1, 2022. The original piece is required during registration. (Download)
10) Non-criminal record with an official stamp. Applicants must submit a certificate of non-criminal record issued by the local public security authorities within the validity period. The issue date shall be after September 1, 2022.
11) Other supporting materials (publications of papers, award certificates, qualification certificates, etc.).
12) Statement of not receiving any scholarships or forms of funding. (e.g. Personal Statement.docx)
②Applicants should finish the online application on Chinese Government Scholarship Management Information System (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login) by April 30, 2023, and submit application materials to the China Scholarship Council.
Applicants should have received a pre-admission letter from the program at the time of application. Choose "Type A" for the type of scholarship, the code of the agency number is 1563, and the application program is "Youth of Excellence Scheme of China Program Chinese Government Scholarship".
Note: The materials uploaded through the system must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are advised to use professional equipment to scan the relevant documents to be submitted. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials.
2. Review Procedure
The China Scholarship Council accepts applications directly from individuals, reviews the materials submitted by applicants and organizes expert evaluations.
V. Review and Admission
Application for Youth of Excellence Scheme of China Program Chinese Government Scholarship will be evaluated by experts organized by the China Scholarship Council, and the final admission result will be determined after the expert evaluation.
|1||January to April 2023||Application Preparation||Applicants prepare application materials as required and apply for pre-admission letters from Central South University.|
|2||By the end of April||Online Application||
Applicants can apply online at the Chinese Government Scholarship Management Information System
|3||May||Material Review||The China Scholarship Council organizes experts to review the application materials and determine the admission of students.|
|4||June||Results Release||Release of admission results and mailing of admission materials.|
|5||July-August||Visa Application||Visa application and preparation for study in China.|
|6||September||Coming to China||Arrive at the school and complete registration.|
School of International Education, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan Province, People's Republic of China