2023 Application Guide to Undergraduate Program for International Students in Central South University
1. Duration: 4-5 years
2. Catalogue and Instruction Language: see details in 2023 CSU Undergraduate Programs.pdf
1) Non-Chinese citizens who are in good health, hold a valid foreign passport, obtained a high school diploma or equivalent, and are willing to comply with Chinese laws and regulations of CSU. Applicants must comply with the regulations (JW NO.12) issued by the Ministry of Education of PRC (Link: http://www.moe.gov.cn/srcsite/A20/moe_850/202006/t20200609_464159.html).
2) Aged between 18-25 (born before May 30, 2005). Applicants who are under the age of 18 (above 16) need an eligible guardian living in China.
3) Language requirements: students who apply for majors in science and engineering should obtain a minimum score of 260 in HSK4; for medical and other majors of arts, a minimum score of 200 in HSK5. Students who cannot meet the requirement of Chinese language proficiency shall take a one-year preparatory Chinese language course and meet relevant Chinese language standards before embarking on degree programs. Applicants whose previous degree education was Chinese-taught are exempt from proving language proficiency.
4. Charging Standards
Please refer to Charging Standards of Central South University.pdf
5. Financial Types
|Funding Categories||Coverage||Application Time|
|Bilateral Programs of Chinese Government Scholarship（type A）
PS: see more on “CSC Scholarship-Bilateral Program”
|Full scholarship covers tuition, accommodation fees (on campus), medical insurance and monthly stipends.
Partial scholarship includes parts of Full scholarship.
|See more: https://intl.csu.edu.cn/index.htm|
|Central South University Scholarship (A Few)||Full scholarship covers tuition, accommodation fees (on campus) and monthly stipends.
Partial scholarship includes tuition and accommodation fee(on campus).
|From now on to May 30, 2023|
|Self-Supporting||none||From now on to May 30, 2023|
According to the regulations of the Ministry of Education of P. R. China, international students must purchase medical insurance while studying in China. International students who are admitted without insurance funded must purchase the insurance at their own expense. Uninsured students cannot register.
6. Materials Required:
1) Applicants are required to upload a video of self-introduction within one minute, and those who have got HSK certificates must use Chinese to introduce yourself. The video must be in MP4 format with a capacity of less than 40MB.
2) Photocopy of the first page of the passport (Over one-year availability)
3) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Records. Applicants should strictly check the items in accordance with the requirement of Physical Examination Record.pdf. An incomplete form (including sheets with no photos, no signs or stamps of doctors and hospitals) is regarded as an invalid form. The physical examination form shall be issued after October 1, 2022. The original piece is required during registration.
4) Photocopy of highest graduation certificate (or notarized Chinese/English translated document). Applicants who are still studying in senior high school or above and will graduate in June, are required to provide a pre-graduation certificate issued by your current school.
5) Transcript of the highest diploma (or notarized Chinese/English translated document)
6) Non-criminal record or Chinese/English-translated document with an official stamp. The issue date shall be after October 1, 2022.
7) Valid transcript of HSK or other documents to prove your Chinese language proficiency.
8) Applicants under the age of 18 but above 16 must provide ID certificates, employment certificates and letters of commitment by a guardian living in China.
9) Bank deposit certificate to prove an equivalent of CNY 50,000 or more in the account of the applicant. (Only for applicants who apply for self-supporting programs).
10) Statement of not receiving any scholarships or forms of funding (e.g. Personal Statement.docx).
11) Other supporting materials. For example, applicants who apply for design-related majors must provide drawings or other materials.
7. Application Procedures
Step 1: Online Application:
Log in to the homepage of School of International Education: https://intl.csu.edu.cn/index.htm, click APPLY NOW, fill in the application form, submit the materials online and wait for the initial review (about 2-4 weeks).
Step 2: Pay the Application Fee
After passing the online initial review, please complete the application fee payment within two weeks, otherwise the application cannot be continued. If you fail to pass the initial review, NO NEED to pay this fee.
Step3: Final Review and Result Release
Students will be reviewed for final admission results depending on a comprehensive evaluation, and the admission letter and visa application form will be sent according to the final admission results. Application status will be informed in the CSU International Student Service System, please keep yourself informed by checking the Application System constantly. The final Financial type will be subject to the Admission Notice.
1) The materials mentioned above shall be provided in English or Chinese. Materials in any other language should be notarized in Chinese or English.
2) The application fee will not be refunded regardless of admission results. Applicants who have passed the final review are not guaranteed the scholarship and only the most prospective ones will be offered the scholarship. The final Financial type will be subject to the Admission Notice. If there is any fraud in the application materials, the application will be disqualified. In registration, all the original documents will be reviewed and the admission shall be canceled if there is any fraud or inconsistency.
3) All scholarship students shall participate in the scholarship annual review based on academic and daily performance during the previous academic year, and students will continue to enjoy the scholarship after passing the review. Otherwise, the scholarship will be suspended/terminated.
Admission Office, School of International Education, CSU
Non-medical major consultation:
Address: Library 214, Main Campus of Central South University, 932 Lushan South Road, Changsha City, Hunan Province
Medical major consultation:
Address: Office 708, Xiaoqian Building, Xiangya New Campus, Tongzipo Road, Changsha City, Hunan Province