2022 Application Guide to Chinese Language Program for International Students in Central South University
1. Duration: 1 year
1) Excellent Non-Chinese citizens, with no criminal records and in good health; 18-50 years old (born before May 30, 2004). Applicants who are under the age of 18 shall be no less than 16 years old with an eligible guardian living in China.
2) An applicant (whose one parent or both are Chinese citizens settling abroad) born with a foreign nationality applying for admission as a foreign student, must hold a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate for more than 4 years, and within the last 4 years (up to April 30 in the year of admission), one shall have a record of living abroad for more than 2 years (the actual residence for 9 months in a year can be calculated as 1 year). The calculation is based on entry and exit stamps. Proof of the renunciation of Chinese nationality is required.
3) Applicants must hold a high school degree or its equivalent.
3. Teaching Arrangements
Courses are scheduled for 26 credit hrs per week from Monday to Friday (Intensive reading of Chinese, Extensive reading, Speaking, Listening, etc.) and Chinese culture experience activities are included.
4. 2022 Charging Standard
Please refer to Charging Standards of Central South University.pdf
5. Deadline for Application: June 15, 2022
6. Materials Required:
1) Photocopy of the passport photo page (Over one-year availability);
2) Photocopy of Physical Examination Record.pdf. Applicants should strictly be examined in accordance with the requirement of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners. Incomplete form (including sheets without photos, signs, or stamps by physicians and hospitals) is regarded as invalid. The examination date shall be after December 1, 2021. The original piece is required during registration.
3) Photocopy of Highest graduation certificate (or notarized Chinese/English translated document). If the applicant is currently a student, the pre-graduation certificate issued by the school is required.
4) Transcript of the highest diploma (or notarized Chinese/English translated document).
5) Non-criminal record with an official stamp. The issue date shall be after December 1, 2021.
6) Applicants under the age of 18 but above 16 must provide ID certificates, employment certificates, and a letter of commitment from the guardian living in China.
7) Applicants who apply for the self-supporting program must provide bank deposit certificates and have at least CNY 20,000 on the account of the applicant.
7. Application Procedures
Step 1: Online Application
Log in to the website of School of International Education: https://intl.csu.edu.cn/index.htm. Click APPLY NOW, fill in the application form, submit the materials online and wait for the results (about 2-4 weeks).
Step 2: Pay the Application Fee
After passing the online preliminary review, please complete the application fee payment within two weeks, otherwise the application cannot continue. If you fail to pass the initial review, NO NEED to pay this fee.
Step 3: Final Review and Result Release
According to the application situation, the students will be reviewed for final admission results, and the Admission Letter and visa application form will be sent according to the final admission results. Application status will be informed in the CSU International Student Service System. Please keep yourself informed by checking the Application System on time. The final financial support will be subject to the Admission Letter.
1) The materials mentioned above shall be provided in English or Chinese. Materials in any other languages should be notarized in Chinese or English.
2) The application fee will not be returned regardless of admission results. The final Financial support will be subject to the Admission Letter.
3) If there is any fraud in the application materials, the application will be disqualified. In registration, all the original documents will be reviewed and the admission will be canceled if there is any fraud or inconsistency.
Admission Office, School of International Education, CSU
Address: Library 216, Main Campus of Central South University, 932 Lushan South Road, Changsha City, Hunan Province